Ready to bite into a local’s Chinatown? Join us as we explore the delicious food that makes this neighborhood internationally renowned.
We’ll take the backstreets as well as explore the bright lights and energy of Chinatown’s electric Yaowarat street where we’ll introduce you to some of the area’s favourite street food artisans. Join us and learn first-hand why Chinatown has some of Bangkok’s best kept secrets!
Thai-Chinese deliciousness. Word to the wise - come hungry!
Bangkok's Chinatown, locally known as Yaowarat. We call it 'food heaven'!
Thurs, Sat, Sun, 5:30pm
* ฿ – THB (currency of Thailand)
Fall in love exploring the flavors, spices and aromas of the city’s Village of Love—the historic Bangrak neighborhood. Experience how the locals live, eat and shop as you take part in unique local food tastings each packed with authentic history and intimate stories of the neighborhood.
Our local experts have hand-picked food that is guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds, and their intimate stories of Bangkok and Thailand’s everyday culture will fill your minds with amazement.
Join us in exploring the city’s authentic offbeat landmarks in the Village of Love!
One of the BEST things to do in Bangkok!
- Visit the #1 Ranked Roasted Pork and Rice restaurant in Bangkok!
- Visit a Thai-Chinese shophouse to taste their famous Chinese cakes
- Enjoy a delicious Thai Coconut Noodle drink in a famous shophouse regularly visited by the Royal Family.
- Bite into famous Chinese dumplings and learn the history of Dim Sum in Thailand.
- Sink your teeth into the delicious legend of Chinese donuts.
- Savour one of the most popular Oyster and Mussel omelet in town at the Michelin Guide restaurant!
- Savour the rich flavour of peppered pork noodles at another Michelin Guide vendor!
- Explore the many varieties of Chinese desserts in the authentic atmosphere of Chinatown’s main road.
**Vendors and menu items may change due to vendor schedules and other unexpected circumstances.
- An amazingly delicious good time!
- Up to 10 distinct foods and beverages at our curated tastings.
- Professional and entertaining guide with an advanced level of English.
- Taste of Thailand Food Tours insurance as an official registered operator.
- Transportation to and from the tour. Tour meeting points are conveniently located. Confirmation e-mails include clear directions how to arrive to our meeting place.
- Extra food and drink.
Hua Lamphong MRT Station
Wat Mangkon MRT Station
Start time 5:30p.m. / 3-3.5 hours duration
We cannot currently accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or halal diets on this tour.
What to expect
This is primarily a walking tour that takes you over approximately 2 km during the 3-hour period. This tour is not recommended for those with difficulty walking.
Group size and dynamics
Food is intimate, so we stay intimate. We have a maximum of 10 people on our Chinatown tour.
All Ages are welcome. Families with children under 5 are asked contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about family private tours for the comfort of their family and other guests
What to wear
We recommend shorts and light shirt as well as comfortable walking shoes.
Tour takes place rain or shine. We recommend an umbrella and sense of adventure in case the clouds break. Some of our most fun moments have been in the rain!
We understand that unexpected changes occur. Our cancellation policy allows changes to tickets per the following schedule:
- 48 hours prior to tour start: 100% refund
- 48 – 24 hours prior to tour start: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours & No Shows: No refund
- Date Changes: Permitted 48 hours in advance of original tour date and subject to Taste of Thailand discretion.
- Late arrivals: If you arrive more than 10 minutes late or after we have moved from our initial meeting spot, you may be considered a no-show.